Director of Information Technology
US Bitcoin Corp
Director of Information Technology
Employment Type: Exempt Full-Time
Locations: Hybrid - Miami, FL or Austin, TX
ABOUT US BITCOIN CORP
Imagine the ultimate destination for those who want to work at the cutting edge of technology, energy, and infrastructure. An industry leader in bitcoin mining, US Bitcoin Corp (USBTC) builds and operates some of the world’s largest data centers for next-generation computing workloads. We are proud to offer interesting and challenging opportunities for individuals who want to build teams, solve problems, and make an impact from day one. If you’re an ambitious individual looking for a career that is as rewarding as it is challenging, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of IT at US Bitcoin Corp will lead and oversee the technology strategy and operations, ensuring that the IT infrastructure and applications support the company’s objectives and growth ambitions. This individual will collaborate with senior leadership and department heads to develop and implement advanced IT solutions that align with the company’s goals.
Some of the key responsibilities you should expect are the following:
- Develop and implement a strategic IT plan that aligns with the company’s overall business objectives and future growth.
- Regularly review and evaluate the potential for IT innovations and solutions to enhance business performance.
- IT architecture roadmaps and visioning.
IT Operations Management:
- Oversee the management of the IT infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and security.
- Ensure all IT systems and applications are compliant with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Employee PC/computing support, deep familiarity with SaaS based solutions as well as development of IT Operations KPIs.
- Develop and manage the IT budget, ensuring cost-effective allocation of resources.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers.
Team Development and Leadership:
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a high-performing IT team.
- Facilitate continuous training and professional development opportunities for the IT department.
- Implement comprehensive cybersecurity measures to safeguard company data and intellectual property such as endpoint protection, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Single Sign-On (SSO) and vulnerability management/patching solutions. Also, understanding of PCI, SOC2 and ITGC security frameworks.
- Monitor and assess potential security breaches, ensuring a rapid response and mitigation strategy.
- Collaborate with senior management and other departments to integrate IT solutions and operations smoothly.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the company and external IT vendors and partners.
- Oversee and prioritize IT projects, ensuring timely completion and optimal resource allocation.
- Evaluate the success of completed IT projects, identifying areas for improvement.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and developments in the IT industry.
- Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences to ensure the company’s IT strategy remains cutting-edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, software development, cloud services, and cybersecurity.
- Proven experience with IT budgeting and vendor negotiation.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Past experience in managing complex IT systems projects including but not limited to ERP systems, customer billing platforms, email and instant messaging, ITSM platforms, telephony, and contract management platforms.
- Experience with platform integrations, APIs and single sources of truth. Testing and acceptance methodologies.
- Experience in leading, managing or supporting IT audits including 3rd party.
ABOUT THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
This role is hybrid role working out of our office at our corporate headquarters in the Brickell area of Miami, Florida or in Austin, TX. The Director of IT might be required to be on-call outside of regular business hours to address any IT emergencies. Some travel may be necessary for attending conferences, training, or meeting with vendors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHAT MAKES USBTC A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
USBTC offers a benefits and wellness program that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance, as well as unlimited paid time off.
We are proud to invest in building the best team in the industry. At all levels of the organization, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, radical transparency, and relentless growth mentality.
At USBTC, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with bright, driven peers from a range of educational and professional backgrounds including software development, energy, engineering, entrepreneurship, investment banking, private equity, and management consulting
- Design and pitch new products, services, and other initiatives to a leadership team consisting of serial entrepreneurs and seasoned executives and backed by a board of directors consisting of industry veterans of energy, finance, and government
- Debate ideas and alternatives in a truly meritocratic setting where the learning curve is steep and the lessons come from both senior and junior members of the team
- Build a lifelong network of friends and professional connections at the cutting-edge intersection of technology, energy, and infrastructure