Smart Contract Engineer
Ritual is the network for open AI infrastructure. We build groundbreaking, new architecture on a crowdsourced governance layer aimed to handle safety, funding, alignment, and model maintenance.
Join us on the journey to decentralize AI!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced smart contract engineer to join our team to help build and maintain our open-source smart contract libraries and frameworks. Working closely with product, engineering, and research, you will play a critical role in architecting and implementing the core protocol, useful libraries and tooling, and adjacent prototypes.
We are a lean and agile organization. The ideal candidate thrives in autonomous environments, has a mastery of smart-contract engineering, and enjoys building new products from scratch.
- Building and maintaining core smart contract frameworks and libraries
- Managing smart-contract release lifecycles; from architecting to audit to post-release
- Spearheading research into novel smart contract functionality beyond the EVM
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, researchers, product managers, and operations teammates to create best-in-class products
- General mastery of software engineering principles
- Strong proficiency in Solidity and at least one other non-smart-contract language
- Deep understanding of the EVM and differences across L1/L2/L3 environments
- Familiarity with network node architectures (geth, reth, op-stack, orbit, etc.)
- Experience participating in past smart contract code audits (maintainer or auditor)
- Desire to dive in at the lowest level; experience to know when not to
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities; emphasis on written communication
- Experience with alternative, non-EVM-based execution environments
- Past experience in contributing to or maintaining open-source projects
Why join us
- Join a passionate group of engineers, researchers, and operators on a mission to build the next generation of AI infrastructure
- Enjoy high-quality healthcare
- Plan ahead with our company 401k match
- Work the way you work best - Remote and/or hybrid
- Be rewarded for your work with our competitive salary philosophy
- Participate in virtual and in-person events
- Much much more!