Head of Ecosystem
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes 28 members spread across +12 countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
The mission of the Head of Ecosystem is to create legitimacy, credibility, and network effects for Obol through developing the Obol community, establishing partnerships with other communities, and engaging the ecosystem at large.
This is a fully remote, independent contractor role.
- Define and implement a strategy for building a strong, engaged, and value-additive ecosystem around the Obol Network.
- Work together with the Community Admin, Event Coordinator, and CGO to create initiatives that grow and increase engagement within the community.
- Work together with the Community Admin to build and implement processes to deliver a good community experience at scale.
- Plan and execute drives to cultivate the community’s sense of belonging
- Work with the Event Coordinator to organize, manage and oversee online & offline events to drive community engagement, networking, and outreach.
- Maintain and promote a vibrant community culture that cultivates a sense of belonging and ownership.
- Explore new community-friendly platforms to facilitate the expansion of the user base.
- Stay on top of the global Web 3 & Crypto trends, understand the ecosystem and the tendencies.
- 3-5 years of ecosystem development, community management, or equivalent experience at a Web3 project. DAO experience preferred.
- Strong track record of success growing thriving online & offline communities from scratch.
- Passionate about understanding community audiences and delivering programs that cater to the needs and wants of each individual community member.
- Experience leading people and strategic thinking to identify long-term opportunities and trends.
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest news and discoveries in the space
- Enthusiasm and understanding of DVT.
- Web3 native who has a strong belief in Obol’s mission.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex technical subject matter and to simplify and explain it to a broader audience.
- Understanding of how to utilize various channels including Discord, Twitter, Reddit, Medium, Youtube, etc. to engage community audiences.
- The ideal time zone is from UTC-5 to UTC+3.
Join Obol and help us grow our community!
Thank you for your interest. Looking forward to building amazing stuff together!