Content & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes +25 members spread across +14countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
The Content & Comms Manager will be part of the Growth Team and the role main goal will be to educate and raise awareness on Obol & DVT through the creation of compelling content and communication of important project & ecosystem developments.
- Write high-quality long, short-form content that provides interesting insights to our professional and at-home community.
- Manage the Obol blog and ensure a steady stream of engaging, educational articles.
- Manage 3rd-party content opportunities with publications and partners.
- Manage our social media profiles (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and grow followership.
- Work with the CGO to strategize on project news, announcements, and initiatives.
- Work with the business team on partner co-marketing opportunities related to content or announcements.
- 2+ years of experience in web3 as a writer, content manager or similar role. 4+ years of writing and/or content experience preferred.
- Experience writing posts for, managing, and/or growing social media accounts. Please share any relevant social profiles (i.e. corporate, personal).Knowledge of the Ethereum staking ecosystem and/or technology.
- Great writing and written English communication skills.
- Proven ability to produce compelling content in multiple mediums, including blog, articles, social posts, etc. Please share samples of your writing.
- Experience managing content initiatives across multiple organizations is strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and turn them into educational content.
- Mission-driven and passionate about Web3.
- Execution-oriented with a proven ability to deliver on projects in a timely manner.
Apply now & our Growth team!