Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes 35 members spread across +14 countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains three core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a Golang based middleware client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner.
Obol Splits, a set of solidity contracts for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
The goal of this role will be to secure new partnerships that align with our strategic objectives and contribute to our overall success.
- Help build, maintain, and expand our global Partnerships strategy
- Responsible for on-going management, mapping, and structuring for all Obol Partnerships.
- Establish strong, lasting relationships with senior executives & partner decision-makers.
- Work with legal to draft, negotiate and finalize partnership agreements. Negotiate partnership terms, agreements, and contracts.
- Manage and grow our existing partner portfolio.
- Research and participate in relevant industry conferences as required.
- Strategic partnership experience 4+ years.
- Proven track record in developing strategic partnerships within the tech sector, particularly in blockchain or related fields.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work effectively across various teams and with external partners.
Nice to have
- Experience in staking.
- Existing network of relationships.
- European time zone.
- Fully Remote Working and flexible hours.
- Meet the team at our Annual Offsites.
- Chance to attend crypto and staking conferences.
- Generous paid time off.
- Budget for equipment.
- Budget for training or education.
Thank you for your interest. Looking forward to building amazing stuff together!